This is definitely one of skincare's most pressing concerns, and while you may be tempted to add a thick layer of concealer under your eyes, try listening to what your skin is telling you to find some long lasting resolutions. We'll be giving you some tips on how to treat dark darkness and what exactly the causes are!
Causes of Under Eye Darkness:
- Sometimes when you're stuffed up, and have a big of a congestion due to allergies or just your common cold, this will cause your blood vessels are your eyes to dilate which ultimately leads to the darkness around your eyes.
- A Lack of sleep causes high inflammation levels, which makes it hard for the inflamed blood under the eyes to drain and calm down.
- If you have too high of a salt intake, this causes fluid retention all over the body which can increase the puffiness under the eyes.
- Shedding tears increases inflammation around the eyes, leading to dark circles.
- Sadly, as we age, the skin around the eyes thins out, which makes the skin under the eyes more visible. Unfortunately this in inevitable, as the older you get, the more you'll notice this.
- If this darkness under your eyes is more of a brown colour, then this could mean that this is hyper pigmentation - caused by sun exposure, trauma, and can even be hereditary.
How to treat Under Eye Darkness:
- Keep drinking water! Cannot emphasize this enough, water does wonders. Dark circles intensify when the body is dehydrated. By drinking plenty of water, you minimize the amount of inflammation.
- If allergies are the one to blame for the under eye darkness, then you should consider seeing an allergist to get rid of the symptoms. Tip: Depending on what type of allergy you have, eye drops may reduce the inflammation, leading to less under eye darkness.
- If the dark circles are due to aging, it will be ideal for you to boost your Hyaluronic Acid intake by eating foods rich in Vitamin C and using a cream rich in Hyaluronic Acid, which will aid in collagen production.
- When you're laying on the couch, or getting ready for bed it is ideal to apply a cool compress under the eyes to reduce inflammation and darkness. Even putting your favourite eye cream in the fridge for a few minutes is a good trick to speed up the process of getting rid of the under eye darkness.
- If your under eye darkness intensifies when you wake up in the morning, try adding another pillow when you sleep to improve blood circulation - this will discourage the blood from pooling.
- If your Under Eye darkness is due to hyper pigmentation, start to control the situation by applying an eye cream with SPF as well as looking for eye products that contain vitamin C, this will help gradually lighten darkness without hurting the gently under eye area.
#bestantiagingsecrets, #naturalantiagingsecrets, #naturalantiagingfoods, #antiagingproducts, #antiagingdiy, #antiagingskincare, #antiagingsupplements, #antiagingspanearme, #antiagingskinlounge, #skinantiaginglounge, #benefitsofantiagingcream, #antiagingskinroutine, #antiagingserum, #antiagingskincareroutine, #antiagingskincaretips, #bestskincareforantiwrinkle, #skintightening, #antiagingonline, #skintighteningfacial, #nonsurgical
BYE-BYE UNDER EYE DARKNESS
This is definitely one of skincare's most pressing concerns, and while you may be tempted to add a thick layer of concealer under your eyes, try listening